At the 2014 Southeastern Iowa Synod Assembly the assembly passed a resolution that resolved that the third Sunday of September in 2014 and 2015 be designated as “Definitely-Abled Sunday” within the Southeastern Iowa Synod.
- Offering prayers and litanies during worship service
- Incorporate readings that highlight the capabilities, issues and struggles of those with disabilities. Suggested text are included in the resolution.
- During the service or educational hour lift up the work and ministry of MOSAIC and ELCA Disability Ministry
- Definitely-Abled Sunday resolution passed at the 2014 SEIA Synod Assembly- 2014 resolution
- ELCA Disability Ministry – https://www.elca.org/Our-
- MOSAIC Des Moines – https://www.mosaicinfo.org/
- MOSAIC Children’s Educational Resources – https://www.mosaicinfo.org/