500th Anniversary of the Reformation
October 31, 2017 will mark the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther posting the Ninety-Five Theses. This significant Reformation anniversary will make Martin Luther and the Lutheran tradition a topic of conversation throughout 2017. Lutheran churches throughout the world are already making plans to commemorate this special event.
- Visit www.elca500.org, a site lifting up the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America’s (ELCA) Reformation observances and facilitates connections among ELCA partners, networks and expressions.
- Join in the Luther Reading Challenge. Sign up for a free account and join readers around the world in reading, discussing, and reflecting on Luther’s important writings. Each text begins with an introduction, giving its context and key themes. You can add marginal comments, respond to others’ remarks, and raise your own questions. You can also tailor your own profile to share and connect with others. In time there will also be a blog, other languages, and even gamification elements!
- Explore resources from Augsburg Fortress that are intended to help you and your congregation anticipate and observe 500 years of Reformation. Encounter the story. Deepen your faith. Discover the future of reformation.
- From Conflict to Communion
- From Conflict to Communion Study Guide
- Common Prayer: From Conflict to Communion
- Lutheran World Federation Liberated by God’s Grace 2017 – 500 Years of Reformation
- Resilient Reformer: The Life and Thought of Martin Luther
- When Lightning Struck! The Story of Martin Luther.
- Martin Luther’s Ninety-Five Theses: With Introduction, Commentary, and Study Guide
- The Annotated Luther
- Atlas of the European Reformations.
- Those who want to make certain they don’t miss out on the many Reformation 500 resources being published by both Augsburg Fortress and Fortress Press may use this signup link to receive more information: https://