Breathe: Renewal Event
Monday, April 13-Tuesday April 14, 2015
Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
A two-day retreat for Rostered Leaders and Ministry Program staff focused on relaxation and renewal.
Registration for the April 13 – 14, 2015 Breathe Event (including the Monday night hotel) will now be provided free of charge for rostered leaders and program ministry staff of congregations of the Southeastern Iowa Synod. Understanding the importance of health and wellness among our leaders, funds have been made available to cover the cost for up to 100 registrants. Healthy leaders enhance entire communities, bringing their best selves to Christ’s mission.
- Afternoon sessions will be facilitated by Life Coach, Diana Gabriel with a focus on Building Resiliency in Church Leaders, helping people reach their highest potential. Resiliency is needed for leaders to thrive vs. survive in these times of rapid change. It is the bounce back factor needed for agility, adaptability, and equilibrium under pressure; helping us to operate and lead from our strengths, values and purpose.
- Worship led by Hans Petersen. He is a solo artist and a member of the Dakota Road band.
- Down time late Monday afternoon and evening; an opportunity to relax and breathe, dinner with colleagues, or read.
Included in registration:
- The Breathe Event on Monday and Tuesday
- Overnight accommodations at the Coralville Marriott on Monday night
- Lunch on Monday and Tuesday,
- Parking for overnight guests.
On your own: Breakfast and dinner on Monday evening; Sunday night hotel reservations ahead of the event are available at the block rate but not included as part of the free registration; the Bishop’s Fun Walk/Run will be held Monday morning with a registration cost of $10 to help cover the cost of the T-shirt.
To learn more and to register, click here. The registration deadline is March 30.
For anyone who has already registered and paid, a refund check will be sent following the gathering.
Questions? Contact the Southeastern Iowa Synod at 319-338-1273
Sunday, April 12
3:00 pm Early Arrival Check-In
Monday, April 13
9:00 am Bishop’s 5/10K Run/Walk Registration
9:30 am Bishop’s 5/10K Run/Walk
11:00 am Registration Open
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Building Resiliency: Diana Gabriel, Presenter
2:30 pm Holy Communion
3:30 pm Afternoon/Evening On Your Own
9:00 pm Night Prayer
Tuesday, April 14
7:00 am Walk
8:00 am Breakfast On Your Own
9:30 am Morning Prayer
10:00 am Building Resiliency: Diana Gabriel, Presenter
11:30 am Break
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Large Group Session
3:00 pm Depart
Diana Gabriel, Certified Professional Coach: Diana serves as a catalyst for people reaching their highest potential. She works with people who are seeking more fulfillment in their success, deeper meaning and purpose in life and work, and ways to make more meaningful contributions. During our two large group sessions, Diana will share how we build resilience, avoiding that burnout stage we all fear.
Hans Petersen, Musician: Hans will lead us in worship throughout our days together. He is a solo artist and is a member of the Dakota Road band, playing both piano and acoustic guitar.When he is not singing songs, he is picking berries, keeping bees and harvesting hazelnuts.