A synod-wide event to enhance and support congregation confirmation ministries by exploring churchwide connections, engaging servant learning, and creating community.
Cost: $10 per person
Living our Baptism: The Five Gifts of Discipleship
Living our baptism is our faith journey as we come from the baptismal waters to live a new life as children of God. Our baptism sets us out on a lifelong journey that is characterized by our relationship to God, our relationship to our faith community, our relationships with various parts of our neighborhood and community, and our relationship to the wider world. Participants will leave with a deeper understanding of the Five Gifts of Discipleship and how to live these out in their lives.
Five Gifts of Discipleship:
- to live among God’s faithful people;
- to hear the word of God and share in the Lord’s Supper;
- to proclaim the good news of God in Christ through word and deed;
- to serve all people, following the example of Jesus;
- to strive for justice and peace in all the earth.
Same Event – Two Locations, 1:00 – 6:00 pm
Sunday, January 14, 2018
Zion Lutheran Church
Sunday, February 11, 2018
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church